** Earn free college credits while living and working with people with disabilities on a working farm in southern New Hampshire **
To express interest in this unique opportunity for the 2017-2018 academic year, click here to fill out the Community Fellowship inquiry form.
For more information about the program, see below and read more about the Camphill Academy here.
Plowshare Farm is pleased to announce our 2017-2018 Community Fellowship in partnership with the Camphill Academy. An intentional community in Greenfield, NH based on the insights of Rudolf Steiner and Karl Koenig, Plowshare Farm is offering a year-long, live-in service and learning opportunity in sustainability, Anthroposophy and sharing life with others, including those with developmental disabilities. Spend a year gaining skills and insights for a lifetime!
- Are you looking for a meaningful life experience while gaining debt-free college credit?
- Are you seeking to gain practical skills in sustainable living?
- Are you looking to develop insights into the spiritual world?
Plowshare Farm is seeking those with:
- hearts wide enough to include others in 'home'
- hands and feet ready for the many tasks in a sustainability-oriented community
- and heads ripe for new learning
Applications are now being accepted for the August 2017 through August 2018 term. Four fellowships are available.
- Living in and helping to carry one of our lifesharing homes where people with disabilities, coworkers, and volunteers live together in a community-based setting.
- Coursework through the Camphill Academy Social Therapy Program.
- Participation in 1-2 areas of our work, depending on community need and personal interest, from farming and landwork to baking and handcrafts.
- Free tuition for Camphill Academy's Social Therapy Program.
- Free room and board, medical insurance, and $500/month cash stipend.
- Two free days per week and six weeks vacation per year.
- 22 fully transferable college credits and a certificate in Foundation Studies from the Goetheanum (Plowshare Farm is a campus of the Camphill Academy, an accredited higher education institute).
- Gain skills in sustainable living, including opportunities for farm or garden apprenticeship and training in biodynamic agriculture, and building skills in crafting, cooking, baking, land stewardship or woodworking.
- Applicants must be at least 20 years old and U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. Possibility of a small family.
Potential for continuation:
- Two-thirds through the year-long program, fellows can apply to continue into a second year with the possibility of completing an entire 4-5 year training program in Social Therapy. With the completion of the Social Therapy program, fellows can go on to receive a BS by completing 30-35 additional credits at one of our partner colleges.